Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Imagine This...

Imagine this: Work is the last thing on your mind, you feel like just getting away and going somewhere and doing something that will make you "happy" and have a good time. Where should we go? To Target, Harris Teeter, Starbucks, Panera Bread, the Tanger Outlets? Yes, we do not need to imagine anything... This happens to all of us. I will be the first to admit this. People do not just go out and only buy the necessities anymore, it is more about what we want and desire.
Second scenerio. Imagine this: Your teacher has given you an assignment to decrease the amount of things you buy and use as a way to decrease excess energy and money spent that ultimately directly affects the environment and the world we live in. The only day in which you are capable of buying products and goods is Sunday. This is the assignment that I have been given.
By doing this, you eliminate many harmful activities and add activities that are beneficial to ourselves and the environment as well. I have realized that many of the things that I would just go out and randomly buy are not necessities in any way to say the least. By only being able to buy products on Sundays, it makes me more aware of what I need for the upcoming week and that many of the things that I would buy previously I really do not need and I can live without. I no longer just do things to do it and spend money just to spend it. I have realized what I need and do not need. This has helped me save money, energy, and time. Even though I have only done this assignment for a couple of weeks, it has already had an effect on my lifestyle. If everyone got on board with this assignment and did it, it would benefit all of the participants lives and lifestyles. 

2 comments:

  1. actually i am learning the same things. I am trying to do all the stuff that I am asking you all to do and it is a great process. Keep up the approach and spread the word.. shopping is not good therapy .. a walk in the woods is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. actually i am learning the same things. I am trying to do all the stuff that I am asking you all to do and it is a great process. Keep up the approach and spread the word.. shopping is not good therapy .. a walk in the woods is.

    ReplyDelete